From historical landmarks to life in the water, this perspective of Key West is not to be missed.
With certified pilots, top-of the-line helicopters and a perfect safety record, this is the company you want introducing you to the sights of Key West from above. Each seat is a window seat so you will be surrounded by great photo opportunities.
Closer to Cuba than to the US mainland, Key West is a subtropical gem. The unique combination of laid-back vibe, pastel architecture and vibrant neighborhoods surrounded by gorgeous reefs, brilliant blue water and a large variety of sea life, makes Key West the perfect location to view from above. From the moment your helicopter lifts off, you'll begin to recognize famous locations from this new perspective.
Your pilot will point out historical sites, such as Fort Zachary Taylor, which was built to defend the United States' southeast coastline and played an important part in the Civil and Spanish American Wars.
Everyone who visits Key West makes the pilgrimage to the buoy marking the "Southernmost Point" in the Continental US. You'll see it from above, and most likely, the many tourists stopping to take selfies in front of it.
Duvall Square defines the downtown area of Key West, known for many bars and restaurants and Mallory Square is THE place to go to watch the sun go down. We'll pass over both of them from above.
But you'd be missing a "key" part of this experience if we didn't direct your attention to the clear, shallow waters surrounding Key West. Flying over Snipe Point and Mud Keys, both part of the Florida Keys Wildlife Marine Sanctuary, you'll spot frigate birds, osprey and white heron. Many boat wrecks, with the passage of time, have become man-made reefs and are now home to a multitude of fish and other sea life. Stingrays, sharks and turtles are all commonly seen from your unique perspective of these outer keys and their surroundings.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Don't forget your camera.
- A taxi ride of approximately 20 minutes from the cruise ship pier is required. Specific directions will appear on your voucher after the tour has been purchased.
- Your taxi ride is approximately $20 each way.
- The maximum weight is 300 pounds per person and 600 pounds maximum passenger weight per helicopter. There will be a 10% fee charged for flights canceled due to exceeding the maximum weight limit.
- The minimum number of passengers is 2, the maximum is 3.
- Children under 2 are free, provided they sit on an adult's lap and as long as the maximum passenger weight is not exceeded.
- You will be required to provide your weights at the time of the booking.
- No purses, backpacks or bags are allowed on the helicopter unless medically necessary.
Days offered: 7 days a week