Mountain Bike Ride For Skilled RidersExplore > United States > Oahu > Mountain Bike Ride For Skilled Riders
This epic ride is for all you adrenaline junkies out there.
Born and raised in Hawaii, our operator claims his mountainbike is his "second pair of legs." His love of both his home and his hobby created a terrific business, one that delivers a special feeling of accomplishment to those who join him on a ride.
He not only rides, but he writes and has published three books on mountain biking here in Oahu. You will find no one who knows more and shares more than this fellow and his highly trained staff, all of whom make certain you have a safe and fun day exploring the beautiful sites nearby.
We know you've been itching to get out on a rugged trail, challenging your physical and technical skills and testing your mettle. Supplied with a Kona mountain bike with suspension and disc brakes and a Bell helmet, this single-track "out and back" trail will, indeed challenge you, both mentally and physically.
This 2-3 hour ride takes place at Maunawili Trail, a rugged, secluded route sure to fulfill your expectations of a rigorous adventure. To prove that point, we begin with an uphill climb of about an hour. Having made it to the top, we'll take a well-earned break to let you catch your breath, have a snack and enjoy the dramatic cliffs and ocean views of windward Oahu.
Of course, what goes up must come down and the downhill portion is a mix of really fun turns, narrow-width trail sections and cliff areas, all of which will require the use of your best mountain biking navigation and handling skills. There will be a few areas of hike-a-bike sections as well.
- Please dress comfortably for biking: closed-toe shoes with good traction for dirt and mud, socks that cover your ankles, and breathable clothing. Bring sunglasses.
- You might want to bring an extra set of clothes in case of a wet /muddy ride.
- The price of this tour includes round trip transportation, professional mountain bike guides, use of Kona mountain bikes with front suspension, Bell helmets, rain gear, hip pack and mosquito repellent.
- Please note that this tour does not pick up from all hotels. If we are not able to pick up at the hotel you are staying at then a nearby pick up point will be provided. Specific meeting instructions will be provided upon confirmation. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
- This ride is for intermediate and skilled riders only. NOT for beginning mountain bikers.
- Riders must be at least 4' tall.
Days offered: Monday, Wednesday