Havana With Jewish Highlights Private Tour
The highlights of Havana with an emphasis on the city's Jewish culture.
With a rich mix of culture, music and architecture, Havana is a fascinating city with a vibe all its own.
You'll see the best of Havana in comfort with an air-conditioned vehicle and an English-speaking local driver. Your guide will show you Central Park, a lovely urban park located between Prado Street and the Capitol. Loved by both locals and visitors alike, Central Park contains a statue of José Martí, famous author, poet and hero to the Cuban people. It is here you will see some of the best examples of Havana's prestigious architecture and classic American cars.
The Capitol Building is magnificent. Used as the seat of government until 1959, it now houses the Cuban Academy of Sciences but will soon become the home of the Cuban Parliament.
Passeo de Marti, or simply known as The Prado, is a lovely promenade. Stretching for blocks, it divides Central Havana from Old Havana.
Revolution Square, constructed in 1920, is the political and administrative center of Havana. Although the gigantic image of Che Guevera on Ministry of the Interior Building speaks to the revolutionary nature of the square, the true dominating feature is the 357 foot tall Jose Marti Memorial. Marti was a writer, poet and is considered a hero to the Cuban people.
This tour would not be complete without visiting 2 very important synagogues in the city. Patronato Synagogue is the largest in Havana with impressive architecture. Temple Beth Shalom was built in 1952 and is considered the headquarters of the Jewish Cuban community.
We'll stop by the prestigious Nacional Hotel, the iconic symbol of Cuban history culture and identity. This imposing building in the center of Havana stands high on a hill with outstanding views of the Havana Harbor and the Caribbean Sea. You'll enjoy a complimentary drink here as you relax and admire the ambiance of your surroundings.
- Please note the availability of private guides in Havana is limited so please book in advance.
- You are traveling under a general license, 31 CFR 515.574 - Support for the Cuban People. Travelers must keep a copy of their voucher for 5 years per OFAC regulations.
- We will make arrangements for meaningful dialogue with locals throughout your day! These memories and personal interactions will last a lifetime.
- If you are booking more than one tour while in Cuba, the standard itinerary stops may overlap. Call ShoreTrips at 414-964-2100 to arrange custom alternative stops. We will help make suggestions.
- At the conclusion of your tour you will be required to return to your cruise ship.
- This tour is not recommended for guests with limited mobility. We must be notified in advance of any walking problems.
Days offered: 7 days a week