Private Old And New San Juan & Bacardi Rum FactoryExplore > Puerto Rico > Private Old And New San Juan & Bacardi Rum Factory
This delightful tour combines history and architecture with a visit to the Bacardi Rum Factory.
We are extremely fond of San Juan. Your guide will certainly "make your day" in this exciting city to remember.
There is a magical quality to San Juan, and Old San Juan is the nucleus. The entire city is a National Historic Preservation site. Once the crown jewel of the Spanish Empire in the Americas, the walled city still preserves its stunning colonial architecture; imposing fortresses to brightly colored buildings, many of which have been declared World Heritage Sites by UNESCO.
Our tour centers the Old City, a 465-year-old neighborhood originally conceived as a military stronghold, its seven square block area has evolved into a charming residential and commercial district. The narrow streets of this old walled city are paved with cobblestones and there are more than 400 carefully restored 16th and 17th century Spanish colonial buildings bordering small plazas. Architectural highlights include the Governor's Palace, San Juan Cathedral, the tiny Cristo Chapel, and the impressive San Cristobal Fort.
After visiting the Old City we head over to the Bacardi Rum Factory. This is one of those "must-do" activities when visiting San Juan. During this shared tour, you'll learn all about the rum making process, as well as the history of rum and the Bacardi family through their representative and a video. Afterward, you'll have the chance to purchase some of their famous products and enjoy two complimentary drinks.
- We recommend eating breakfast/lunch prior to the tour as a lunch stop is not included during the tour.
-If you are staying at a hotel outside of the San Juan area, extra transportation fees will apply. Please contact ShoreTrips for rates.
- Late departures are frequently requested. Please be advised that the sun sets around 5:30 p.m. in San Juan (depending on the season) and some public buildings are not open.
- If you need a different pick up time, please contact ShoreTrips.
- Please note that the Bacardi Factory is closed on Mondays. Tuesday - Friday the Bacardi Factory opens at 9 am and the last tour departs at 4:30 PM. On Saturday and Sunday the Bacardi Factory opens at 10 AM and the last tour departs at 4:30 PM.
- Please note that the tour within the Bacardi Factory is a shared tour completed by the Bacardi staff. Group sizes range from 10-40 people.
- This tour is not available on Christmas Day.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Due to security issues, the bottling portion of the factory is not part of the tour. A film has been created to show you the process.
- Please note that there are certain holidays and government days in which alcohol cannot be sold in San Juan. The only part of this tour that will be effected is that the free rum tasting will not be provided. You will also not be able to purchase any rum while at Bacardi. The rum factory is still open and the entire tour will be included.
Days offered: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday