Tortuguero Canal And Banana PlantationExplore > Costa Rica > Puerto Limon > Tortuguero Canal And Banana Plantation
The best introduction to Costa Rica!
Known as Costa Rica's Amazon because of its surrounding rain forest, the Tortuguero Canal region is rich in exotic flora and fauna.
Board your covered boat for a leisurely cruise through the jungle canals. Your guide will introduce you to the rain forest eco-system and point out sights of interest. Keep an eye out for wildlife, including howler monkeys, sloths, toucans, bats, aquatic birds, iguanas, and crocodiles!
On our return, we will pass many banana plantations and your guide will stop at one of them, where many interesting facts about this amazing fruit will be explained. Learn about the entire process - from the crop, harvesting and processing to packing and exportation. Costa Rica is the second largest banana producer in the world and 80% of the plantations are located in Limon province.
This tour is an excellent introduction to the culture and rainforest of Costa Rica.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes, and bring sunscreen, insect repellent, sunglasses, a hat, and your camera.
- There is a minimum of 2 passengers needed to operate this tour.
- Contact ShoreTrips if you are interested in arranging this tour privately.
- Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. Also check the daily itinerary which is delivered the evening before arriving into port. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- Sorry, this tour does not operate on Christmas Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week