Zip Line Canopy & Banana Plantation Combo TourExplore > Costa Rica > Puerto Limon > Zip Line Canopy & Banana Plantation Combo Tour
Zip through the rain forest canopy then visit a banana plantation.
Participate in two of our favorite activities while in port: zip line through the rain forest canopy and visit a Costa Rican banana plantation!
If you want an adrenaline rush, then this is the tour for you! Glide through the treetops with this exhilarating adventure: 9 cables and 12 platforms stretched across the length of the rain forest. The longest cable is 850 ft. long and you will experience heights up to 275 ft. Here you can enjoy the gripping thrill of the wind in your face as you soar through the rain forest witnessing some of the most spectacular views.
The platforms are arranged at different heights and levels of excitement. Up to platform 5, all cables are of similar length. However, after this platform, the cables become even more thrilling. Here those who prefer to give up and return to the lodge may do so. This opportunity is also offered at platform 7. For those of you who enjoy the thrill, its go, go, go, all the way to platform 12.
Catch glimpses of the Caribbean Ocean, the Banano River, and, of course, the rain forest.
Bring your friends and family along to enjoy the experience with you, remember it is always better to live the experience than to hear a friend recount the excitement!
After this adventure, you will visit a banana plantation, where many interesting facts about this amazing fruit will be explained. You will learn about the entire process, from crop, harvesting, and processing to packing and exportation. Costa Rica is the second largest banana producer in the world and 80% of the plantations are located in Limon province, becoming one of the most important economical activities in the region. This is a very interesting cultural experience not to be missed!
NOTE: If you have a group and some people do not want to experience the zip line tour, they can accompany you and experience the rain forest nature walk while you enjoy the treetop canopy adventure. The group will travel together and you will split up for the activities.
- Jeans or long pants are recommended for the zip line. Additionally, we suggest that you wear comfortable shoes, and bring sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and insect repellent. Please bring a backpack to store cameras and other belongings.
- During the rainy season (September-November), please bring a raincoat. Trip operates rain or shine.
- Changing facilities, restrooms, showers, lockers, a restaurant, and bar are all available on this tour.
- There is a minimum of 2 people needed to operate this tour.
- Contact ShoreTrips if you are interested in arranging this tour privately.
- Minimum age for this trip is 7 years old. Maximum weight is 250 pounds. The highest point you will travel to is 275 ft.
- This canopy tour requires moderate physical activity and is designed for active people who enjoy exercise and the great outdoors. It is not recommended for those with back or neck problems or for pregnant women. You may not participate in this excursion if you are pregnant, have heart conditions, are afraid of heights, experience vertigo, anxiety, and/or any other physical condition. You must be in good physical condition to take zip line/canopy tours.
- Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. Also check the daily itinerary which is delivered the evening before arriving into port. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
-Sorry, this trip does not operate on Christmas Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week