The 'Real' Everglades - Full Day Experience
All the highlights of the Everglades, all in one magnificent day.
This is not your average tour. This is the most exciting comprehensive Everglades tour there is. Led by an experienced naturalist, it will take you to unique, interesting and remote locations not found on other Everglades tours. With this master naturalist guide leading the way you'll not only see the sites but also learn the science and history behind them.
We begin our exploration of the Florida Everglades with a one hour boat tour of some of the 10,000 islands contained within. Besides beautiful scenery, we can hope to see a variety of wildlife in their natural habitat, including manatees, roseate spoonbills, white pelicans, and many dolphins.
Next up is the best way to see the interior of this magnificent and important ecosystem...airboat! This is not the commercial airboat adventure that everyone else does but a thrilling ride among the "River of Grass" that will take you far out into the wilderness to show you a true close-up look at alligators, birds, and other native animals.
A true cultural experience awaits during our visit to a Native American tree island village. Accessible only by boat, these villages reflect the lives of the native peoples who previously inhabited them.
Having seen the Everglades by boat and airboat, we now explore on foot. This 1-hour in-depth walk in either Everglades National Park or Big Cypress National Preserve will help you understand the flora and fauna of this unique environment. It is also the opportunity to see alligators and other wildlife up close.
Visit a historic trading post that reveals the past of both Seminole and pioneer life of long ago.
We’ll also embark on a wildlife safari drive through Big Cypress National Preserve with the chance to see a wide array of birds, (some of which are only found here) and other wildlife such as the Florida panther. Enjoy other interesting nature and cultural surprises along the way.
Included in this tour is a delicious lunch at a local restaurant with many choices, including vegetarian options.
- Dress comfortably with good walking shoes.
- We will provide insect repellent and sunscreen.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. The nature walk is rated as easy.
- Bottled water, sparkling water, fresh fruit and snacks will be provided.
- Please use our binoculars!
- Make sure you bring your camera.
- There is a minimum of 4 guests needed to operate this tour.
- We can pick you up from the Port of Miami or Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale .
- We pick up from hotels and locations in Broward County and Miami-Dade County. If you are coming from somewhere north of Commercial Blvd. in Ft. Lauderdale, we may provide you with a convenient meeting location.
- We provide complimentary luggage storage as well as optional airport/hotel drop off. We will ask you for more information at the time of booking.
- Parts of this tour are weather permitting.
- If you wish a vegetarian or vegan option for lunch, please contact ShoreTrips after booking this tour.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- As with any tour, times may vary due to unexpected traffic issues.
Days offered: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday