Private: Eat Your Way Through MelbourneExplore > Australia > Melbourne > Private: Eat Your Way Through Melbourne
Experience Melbourne through your stomach!
Discover a world of culinary delights, cultural fusion and seasonal produce in Melbourne’s most vibrant local neighborhoods.
One of the first things you'll discover about Melbourne is its obsession with specialty coffees. To start the tour, we'll seek out the best coffee shop in town where you'll have a chance get to know your guide over a steaming cup of java. Your gastronomic guide will ask about your food preferences to ensure your taste buds are well-satisfied at the end of the day.
Besides coffee, Melbourne is also known for its patchwork of cultures. And with cultural differences come delightful differences in cuisine. We'll explore several of the city's 27 ethnic communities and savor their specialties. From dumplings in Chinatown to buffalo mozzarella in Little Italy and everything in between, the city of Melbourne's delectable offerings are unique, surprising and delicious.
During market season, a trip to the Queen Victoria Market will be a delightful experience complete with interactions from local farmers. With some pointers from your guide, you'll soon be bartering like a native Melburnian for wine, seafood and fresh produce.
We'll make a stop at St. Kildan, a hip seaside town bursting with flavors and Fitzroy, a quirky neighborhood filled with street art, vintage shops, terrace houses and great food.
Lest you forget about the coffee obsession, we'll visit a roaster and find out about the farming, bean selection, roasting and grinding all necessary to deliver your favorite cup of joe.
As is only proper, we'll finish this gustatory experience with desserts from a bakery that is a local institution. They will satisfy your sweet tooth and provide a delightful ending to a delightful day.
- All food and beverages as mentioned are included in the tour cost. Additional food and beverages are not included.
- Locations may change. If you have a special request, contact ShoreTrips.
- You will be asked about food allergies or dietary restrictions during the checkout process. We will do our best to accommodate.
- Children under age 5 are free of charge.
- Public holidays requiring purchase of holiday supplement for 2019 are: November 5th, December 25th and December 26th.
- Public holidays requiring purchase of holiday supplement for 2020 are: April 10th, April 11th, April 12th, April 13th, April 25th, June 8th, November 3rd, December 25th, and December 28th.
- Peak rates apply to all tours booked for travel between December 20th and January 31st. For public holidays during peak season, the surcharge will only be applied once.
Days offered: 7 days a week