Haleakala Flightseeing With Upcountry Land TourExplore > United States > Maui > Haleakala Flightseeing With Upcountry Land Tour
Transfers from hotel or cruise ship make this perfect flightseeing tour for those without a car.
Combination tours are the best. They allow you to see your destination from different perspectives and offer a variety of activities, giving you a true feeling for the place you're visiting.
Your morning Limo-Van pickup is just the beginning of this wonderful day in paradise. Relax and enjoy the short ride to the heliport while your guide talks about the day's plans and the history of the area. Once aboard your comfortable helicopter, it's time for a 30 minute bird's eye view of Maui's forests and coastline. Of course, the highlight is the impressive 10,023 foot Mt. Haleakala, Maui's dormant volcano and most famous natural wonder. You'll want to keep your camera handy as you get an above-ground view of the impressive crater. For a moment, you'll feel like you've landed on the moon.
After this thrilling ride, it's time to see the sights from land. We'll stop in the charming "hippie" town of Pa'ia for a delightful no-host breakfast at a local cafe, known for their delicious baked goods and rich coffee. Pa'ia, formerly a plantation town, is now best known as a windsurfing destination at famous Ho'okipa Beach.
We'll move on to Makawao, located on the mid-slopes of the Haleakala Volcano. Part cowboy town, part artist community, you'll have a chance to browse the shops and galleries and tour the interesting Hot Island Glass for a glass-blowing demonstration.
We head even farther up Haleakala with gorgeous views on all sides as we make our way to a real, working goat farm. Here you'll learn about the animals, the day to day operations and the award-winning cheeses produced there. Make sure you pet the goats. They'll be sad if you don't.
From goats to vodka, our next stop is nearby. The distillery, with fabulous views of both the island's north and south shores, is proud to be the world's only solar powered vodka distillery. You'll learn about their sustainable farming practices, their commitment to the earth and see their unique bottles. In addition to a sample, it is here we will enjoy an alfresco picnic lunch of scrumptious wraps of grilled chicken and blackened ono, both filled with fresh Kula greens, side dishes and delightful desserts.
As the tour draws to a close, you will ride in comfort back to your hotel or the cruise pier.
- Tour durations, itineraries, viewable sights and flight patterns are subject to change, without notice, due to inclement weather or FAA flight rules and may be altered or canceled for safety or comfort considerations.
- Please dress comfortably and bring a jacket, hat and wear closed toe shoes.
- Please bring extra cash if you'd like to purchase souvenirs.
- Lunch, bottled water and soft drinks are included in the tour cost.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 passengers and can accommodate a maximum of 6 passengers.
- This tour cannot accommodate wheelchairs, walkers and/or scooters or those with limited mobility.
- This tour cannot accommodate those with heart or respiratory conditions or oxygen tanks.
- Each passenger is required to furnish his/her weight. It is very important that this be accurate, as passengers will be weighed at the heliport. To ensure the safety and comfort of all, extra space will be reserved on board the helicopter for passengers weighing 240 pounds or more (including clothing, footwear, and cameras, which may add an additional 10-15 pounds). Such passengers will be required to pay an additional amount, as reflected in our pricing chart.
- This tour is not available on Thanksgiving or Christmas Days.
- Please note that this tour is not suitable for anyone with limited mobility. Walkers, wheelchairs, or scooters are not permitted. All participants must be able to climb in and out of the vehicle.
Days offered: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday