A jeep tour is the best way to see this rugged island's natural beauty.
Kauai isn't called "The Garden Isle" for nothing. As one of the wettest places on earth with an average annual rainfall of 440 inches, it's no surprise Kauai is covered with lush, gorgeous, green rainforest. As if that wasn't enough, Kauai also boasts deserts, beaches, mountains and canyons.
Settled in to your comfortable jeep, the tour begins with a scenic drive to Waimea Canyon, (also known as "The Grand Canyon of the Pacific"). At 3,600 feet deep and 14 miles long, Waimea Canyon does remind one of the Grand Canyon, except with beautiful, green trees! The gorgeous vistas, deep valley gorges and crested buttes seem to go on forever.
Heading to Kauai's south shore will provide another view of Waimea Canyon as well as the Spouting Horn blowhole. This is one of the most photographed places on the island and you'll soon understand why. Huge spouts of water shoot up through a natural lava tube, especially in the winter. While you're here, keep a lookout for humpback whale activity, especially between December and May.
At this point, we'll make a stop for you to purchase a "to go" lunch before heading to the beach for an ocean-side picnic.
Now it's time to work off some of that lunch with an exhilarating hike to magnificent Waipoo Falls, an 800 foot cascading beauty. The hike continues along the canyon, providing another spectacular view of Kokee Rainforest. At trail's end, you will find yourself at the top of Waipoo Falls, where the opportunity to take a cooling dip in a nearby stream awaits. Enjoy the calm and the quiet!
- Wear hiking shoes, sunglasses, sunblock, a hat and your camera.
- Pack a swimsuit and towels if you want to go swimming.
- The price of lunch is not included in the tour cost. We will make a stop for you to purchase lunch to eat at the beach.
- Bottled water will be available.
- Time permitting we will hike to Waipoo falls, if physically capable and swim in a nearby stream.
- This tour requires a minimum of two passengers.
- This tour accommodates up to 12 passengers.
- If you are staying in a hotel and are interested in this program then a central meeting location will be provided.
- Maximum number of persons per jeep is four, plus one guide. Your guide will drive the jeep.
- This tour is designed for those in good physical shape. If you require special assistance or have physical limitations please notify us before the tour so we can make the proper safety arrangements otherwise we reserve the right to refuse service upon pickup for safety reasons.
- This tour is not available on Christmas Day.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday