The quintessential Alpine town!
No one would blame you if you feel like yodeling after visiting this lovely mountain town.
This capitol of Tyrol is located in the Inn Valley surrounded by imposing Alpine peaks. You might remember Innsbruck as the site of the 1964 and 1976 Winter Olympics and the 2016 Winter Youth Olympic Games. Watching these events on television gave us just a glimpse into the charm and beauty of this place. To see it in person is simply indescribable.
The city's most famous symbol is the "Golden Dachl", the Golden Roof, and was built as a Royal box for Emperors to view tournaments, festivals and other events taking place in the town square. With its roof covered in copper tiles and its face decorated with sculpted reliefs and murals, the Golden Dachl is a sight to behold.
Innsbruck is steeped in history, and your guide will fill you in on the story of the Hapsburgs. and how they shaped the cultural landscape of this area. Hofburg is home to the Imperial Palace, which now contains 5 themed museums. Located on the grounds is the impressive Baroque Hofkirche, best known for its unique 29 life-sized bronze statues, memorializing Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian I as well as other Hapsburg ancestors.
Perched high above the city, the Ambras Palace, built by Archduke Ferdinand I, is an important showcase of historic artifacts and exquisite artworks.
How you spend your day is completely up to you! Your guide will be happy to help you decide the best itinerary. However, if you have specific locations you wish to visit or would like to spend more time at a particular location, please call ShoreTrips or discuss it with your guide at the beginning of the tour.
- Many of the sites require walking. We suggest wearing comfortable shoes.
- The locations listed on your voucher are suggested stops. This is a customizable itinerary. You may not have time to see everything that is suggested.
- If you have more than 6 people, please contact ShoreTrips for pricing.
- This tour does not operate on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve or New Years Day.
- Tour does not include the cost of admissions, gratuity, beverages or food.
Days offered: 7 days a week