A Little Bit Of Everything That Is Havana
A bissel of this and a bissel of that!
Based on our own experiences here, we put together what we would want to do if we have only one day in Havana.
Enjoy a day in Havana that will cover all the bases. History, culture, people, and entertainment are all part of a longish but informative day in the city.
Your smiling guide will greet you per your instructions and begin a whirlwind experience that really delivers.
You are in Havana Cuba! Your guide, a well-educated local, will welcome you with a bit of history as you start with a walk. For the next few hours, you will take in the oldest parts of the city while listening to stories and truths about life in Cuba. Your walking itinerary will show you the Plaza des Armas, the Plaza de la Catedral, and the interior of the Ambos Mundo Hotel, where Hemingway had a room above the bar he frequented. There is much to take in and your guide will work at your pace so more than these sights we will not promise during this portion of the tour.
There is so much to see that as the sun gets warmer, we will use taxi bikes to tour areas that are further outside the city center. Two per taxi bike will be informed before beginning the ride as to what you can expect to see. Included in this portion of the tour are views of Prado Street on your way to Central Park, one of the busiest places in the city. This unique setting is home to a 1905 statue of Jose Marti in the center, the first monument dedicated to the poet, writer, lawyer, and fighter for independence. The park is bordered by several hotels as well as the Gran Teatro de La Habana. Your goal is to end at the Fine Art Museum where you will be able to understand the history and growth of the country through its incredible artwork which tells all.
By now you are ready for lunch and we have selected one of two top paladars for some local yet innovative Cuban food. They are lovely and truly an experience beyond expectation. Lunch will include an starter, entrée, dessert, beverages and coffee. Satiated now, you are energized to continue the rest of your day.
Your classic cars are ready and now your view of Havana will be expanded further to see Reina Street, Revolution Square, Columbus Cemetery, a drive through the Havana Forest, the residential district of Miramar, and 5th Avenue. We will include as much as time allows in hopes to see all of these areas before heading back to the city center.
But you are not yet finished with your day here. This experience will have a choice between a Cigar and Rum Tasting or a Cuban Cocktail Lesson, both which take place in Old Havana.
- Please note the availability of private guides in Havana is limited so please book in advance.
- Please dress comfortably with good walking shoes.
- Sunscreen, camera with secure strap, perhaps a hat, will protect you from the sun.
Your classic car ride will be approximately 3-4 hours (as time allows) and is often a convertible. There is not a guide in each car but you will be informed of what you are going to see and you will stop when possible.
- Everyone in your group must select either the Cigar and Rum Tasting or a Cuban Cocktail Lesson.
- We will ask for any food allergies at the time of your booking.
- You are traveling under a general license, 31 CFR 515.574 - Support for the Cuban People. Travelers must keep a copy of their voucher for 5 years per OFAC regulations.
- We will make arrangements for meaningful dialogue with locals throughout your day! These memories and personal interactions will last a lifetime.
- If you are booking more than one tour while in Cuba, the standard itinerary stops may overlap. Call ShoreTrips at 414-964-2100 to arrange custom alternative stops. We will help make suggestions.
- You must be able to walk steps to reach most of the paladar restaurants, and several of the highlights. Please notify ShoreTrips if this is a problem.
- This tour is not recommended for guests with limited mobility. We must be notified in advance of any walking problems.
- We will try to maintain the order of this itinerary.
- You must alert us to any dietary restrictions or food allergies.
- Please note that the Museo of Belles Artes is closed on Mondays. We will make a similar substitution.
- At the conclusion of your tour you will have to return to your cruise ship.
Days offered: 7 days a week