Challenge yourself with a gorgeous backdrop of arid desert and coastal waters.
This island has both an arid look at the north end and lush scenery elsewhere.
Aruba is known for its wonderful weather. The island sits just below the hurricane belt and averages sunny 82 degree days most of the year. This is the perfect climate for a good bike ride. On the northeast coast along the windward shore, you will see the island’s unofficial mascots, the fofoti trees. The constant trade winds have permanently sculpted them into graceful, southwesterly bending forms and they will escort you, along with your guide, through the arid portion of the coastline as well as past the tropical blue waters.
After some instruction, you will head out safari-style biking directly northeast right up the coast. Your biking guide is certified by the Dutch cycling federation KNUW and knows how to entertain as well as best biking practices. Your stops along the way will give you time to catch your breath and capture the scenery while your guide shares some of the geology and history of Aruba. One stop is the oldest chapel on the island, Alto Vista, a perfect backdrop for a perfect picture.
Small beaches and gardens will be the majority of your landscape along with the white sand dunes and the golf course. Before you know it, you'll arrive at the California Lighthouse, another great viewing area. The best is yet to come as you bike downhill passing Arashi Beach, Boca Catalina, Malmok and move inland heading for the ranch.
- This tour is for beginner and intermediate riders.
- Please dress comfortably in breathable clothing.
- We recommend bringing sunblock, sunglasses, and a camelback.
- Water is provided and other drinks are for sale at the bar at the ranch.
- You will be biking approximately 11 miles for about 2 to 2.5 hours.
- You must be 14 years old and accompanied by an adult.
- You will be required to sign a waiver.
- There is a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 7 people for each group.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday