We find that a great hike/nature walk can bring a personal experience to an old or new place.
The key to the enjoyment of a hike is preparation and direction. On this excursion you will receive both, so your job will be to take in the scenery and absorb some information about the area. Aruba is full of geological and historic sites and on your personalized hike, you will visit some remote areas of the island. So often the image of an island is lush and tropical but areas of Aruba contain dry riverbeds, called rooi, where the Indians lived long ago. These areas are beautiful as well and make perfect backgrounds for a great hiking experience.
Aruba's terrain is mostly flat with a few hills. There is little in the way of vegetation or outstanding physical features and no inland water. Aruba's best-known geographical feature is its white-sand beaches, which are the basis of an active tourism industry that is the mainstay of the island's economy. Rock formations characterize the interior of the island. The vegetation is dramatic, with cacti and succulents dotting paths and open areas.
Your guide will adjust the intensity of the hike from an easy nature walk to a more difficult challenge based on your physical abilities and your wishes. Ultimately there are 3 levels and each is adjusted on site. This personal experience is delivered in a small way.
- We suggest wearing comfortable closed-toe shoes.
- We suggest bringing sunblock and a cap/hat.
- This program operates rain or shine. Please dress accordingly.
- Hike location will depend on the conditions of the day. If the hike takes place at Arikok National Park, there will be an additional entrance fee of $11 per person paid directly to the park.
- This program requires a minimum of 2 participants.
- This program is not recommended for those with back problems or other serious medical conditions.
- This program is not recommended for pregnant women.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday