Discover San Diego By Electric TrikeExplore > United States > San Diego > Discover San Diego By Electric Trike
When biking meets segway, we TRIKE! This innovative company has a cool and stable invention!
So you've explored cities by foot, by bike, and maybe even by Segway. What's next? Introducing exploration via 'trike'. We'll familiarize you with this three-wheeled electric vehicle and you'll be on your way!
Our starting point is the San Diego Harbor where you will enjoy stunning views of the cityscape. From here we will pass several old-time ships and submarines as well as any active naval ships in port, some of historic significance and some used in the movies. Reaching the ferry terminal we will board for a short 15 minute trip to Coronado Island. Not really an island, this small stretch of land just off the coast is known for it’s exclusive homes and beautiful beach. Despite it's small size, the history lesson here packs a solid punch.
Our first stop is the historic Hotel Del Coronado. Here you will have some free time to uncover the 130 year history behind “The Del”, including pictures of Marilyn Monroe who stayed here in 1958 during filming for the film "Some Like It Hot". Just behind the hotel is Coronado Beach, a beach ranked as the best in America. You'll see why when you get here!
Up next is a return to San Diego where you will see the USS Midway aircraft carrier museum, as well as the Embracing Peace statue, depicting the Life magazine photograph of a returning sailor kissing a nurse. Many refer to this moment as "kissing the war goodbye". A short distance away you will find the Bob Hope Memorial Plaza. Next up is Seaport Village where you will have approximately one hour to explore the many eclectic shops or perhaps purchase a bite to eat.
This is a fun history lesson, sightseeing tour, and adventure activity all in one.
- Each trike has a case with a water bottle and pockets to store your camera, phone, wallet, or a small purse.
- We suggest bringing sunglasses and sunscreen. You may also want to bring your wallet if you would like to purchase a souvenir from one of the shops along our route.
- This is a leisurely tour that includes stops for pictures, refreshments, restroom breaks, etc.
- Shopping is available at various street kiosks or any of the Seaport Village shops. We usually allow one hour of free time at Seaport Village.
- This program operates daily, and usually one hour after the cruise ship arrives. Tour time will be assigned upon confirmation.
- Weight maximum is 250 lb. per person.
- You must be at least 4'9" to participate in this program.
- We recommend this excursion for participants aged 13 and older.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants and can accommodate up to 8 participants per departure.
Days offered: 7 days a week