Beyond Phnom Penh: Phnom Oudong And Kampong TralachExplore > Cambodia > Phnom Penh > Beyond Phnom Penh: Phnom Oudong And Kampong Tralach
Discover the Cambodian countryside!
Enjoy a full day discovering and exploring ancient temples in the Cambodian countryside surrounding Phnom Penh. After a pick up from your hotel, enjoy a scenic one hour drive to Oudong, the capital of Cambodia between 1618 and 1866, and home to impressive Khmer architecture reflecting the glory days of Cambodia. Here you will explore the ruins sprinkled across two ridges. The smaller of the two ridges has two ruined buildings, several stupas and the Ta San Mosque, still used by the Jahed sect of Cambodia’s Cham Muslims. You will also explore the surrounding smaller pagodas, stupas and Buddha statues. Climb the stairway to the top and enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding countryside. Don't forget your camera!
In the afternoon we will take a break for lunch at a local restaurant. Before returning to Phnom Penh we will visit the village of Kampong Tralach in Kampong Chhnang Province, home to an ancient pagoda. Observe the remarkably well-preserved wall paintings at Wat Kampong Tralach Leu depicting scenes of rural life over a century ago. This is a day that will leave you speechless!
- Lunch is included in tour cost. Beverages are available at an additional cost.
- Modest dress is required. Women must cover their shoulders. If it is hot, we suggest bringing a shawl. Men and women must cover the knees.
- All entrance fees are included in tour cost.
- The drive from Phnom Penh to Oudong is approximately one hour.
- Please note there is surcharge pricing for all National and New Year holidays as well as peak season. You will be notified of any increased costs prior to confirmation. Contact ShoreTrips with any questions.
Days offered: 7 days a week