Discover Trang An, Hoa Lu, And Tam CocExplore > Viet Nam > Hanoi / Ha Long Bay > Discover Trang An, Hoa Lu, And Tam Coc
A lesser known wonder!
Situated South of Hanoi, the Ninh Binh Province provides some of the most scenic landscapes in all of Vietnam. Our discovery of this region will begin with a scenic two-hour drive. Our destination is the Trang An Scenic Landscape Complex, an area of natural wonder that was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2014. Comprised of limestone karst peaks whose sheer vertical walls rise abruptly above the surrounding land and water, this is a lesser-known wonder to Vietnam! Dense rain forest covers the landscape, even clinging to the cliffs and peaks, blending naturally with rice paddy fields and rivers, creating a picturesque patchwork of color.
Once here, your guide will bring you to Vietnam’s ancient capital of Hoa Lu, the country’s first centralized feudal state from the end of the 10th century. While the ancient citadel has largely disappeared, the temples of the Dinh and Le dynasties still stand and are surrounded by rice paddies. Continuing on we will visit Tam Coc, known as the “Halong Bay on Land”. Here, a skilled rower will take you on a 2-hour slow journey through the winding river and canals. All you have to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy the views! You will pass the karst formations as you enter three of the many natural caves formed under the hills. Before returning to Hanoi we will visit the Thai Vi temple.
- There may be a surcharge if you are staying outside of the city center, contact ShoreTrips if your hotel is located outside of the city.
- Contact ShoreTrips if you would like to be picked up or dropped off at the airport.
- The price of lunch is included in this program. Beverages are additional.
- The drive from Hanoi to Trang An Landscape is approximately 2 hours each way.
- You may be required to remove your shoes in temples. If you have an aversion to this, we suggest surgical booties.
- You will have to dress respectfully in temples.
- Please note there is surcharge pricing for all National and New Year holidays as well as peak season. You will be notified of any increased costs prior to confirmation. Contact ShoreTrips with any questions.
Days offered: 7 days a week