Countryside Escape And Visit To Tho Ha VillageExplore > Viet Nam > Hanoi / Ha Long Bay > Countryside Escape And Visit To Tho Ha Village
Leave the hustle and bustly behind you as you experience the Vietnamese countryside.
To visit Vietnam you will, of course, explore it's modern cities, bustling with culture and energy, but must not forget the countryside unchanged by time. A short drive from Hanoi, approximately 45 minutes, is the picturesque Red River Delta Village of Tho Ha. To get here you must also enjoy a short ferry to cross the Cau River.
The Red River Delta is an agriculturally rich area producing 20% of Vietnam’s rice crop. Despite the increasing industrialization of the area, the village of Tho Ha has remained largely unaffected by modern development. With the assistance of your guide, we will uncover telltale reminders of the past and the historic importance this village preserves. Walk through the village’s narrow terracotta-tiled alleyways, one of the oldest materials and one of three ceramic centers remaining. Notice the many bamboo racks filled with drying rice paper, speaking to the current occupation of many of its inhabitants after the pottery industry faded.
A visit here presents an authentic portrait of a typical Vietnamese village with some of the homes dating back more than a century. Visit the 17th century Tho Ha Pagoda with its triple gate, belfry, and forecourt carved with dragons, clouds, and flowers. A conversation with a local resident will enrich your experience and provide insight into the life of the village before we return to Hanoi.
- Contact ShoreTrips if you would like to be picked up or dropped off at the airport.
- Tho Ha village is approximately 45 minutes from Hanoi. You will have to take a short ferry across the Cau River (included in tour cost).
- You may be required to remove your shoes in temples. If you have an aversion to this, we suggest surgical booties.
- You will have to dress respectfully in temples.
- Please note there is surcharge pricing for all National and New Year holidays as well as peak season. You will be notified of any increased costs prior to confirmation. Contact ShoreTrips with any questions.
Days offered: 7 days a week