Silver Fern Coastal Train Exploration And Dunedin HighlightsExplore > New Zealand > Dunedin > Silver Fern Coastal Train Exploration And Dunedin Highlights
This tour has it all!
This full day of touring packs a strong punch and really encompasses all the major sights you'll want to see while in Dunedin. Visit the highlights of Dunedin, embark on a short but scenic coastal train journey, and continue the coastal exploration by vehicle.
After a pick up from the cruise pier enjoy a city highlights tour that will include Signal Hill Lookout, the Octagon city center, and our destination, the Grand Railway Station. An architectural phenomenon, you will be awestruck by the attention to detail executed in the design of this building. Up next you will board the Silver Fern Railcar. Delight in spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean, beaches, and cliffs. Enjoy a complimentary coffee or tea accompanied by a local cheeseboard. Traveling doesn't get much better than this!
Following your memorable train ride, your guide will meet you with a vehicle and take you to a local restaurant in Moeraki for lunch. Before heading back, your guide will take you on a short beach walk to see the famous Moeraki Boulders.
Back in Dunedin you will see all the main sights including New Zealand's first university, the world's steepest street, and the Olveston Gardens before returning you to the ship's terminal. This will be a day to remember!
- Please note that there are some steps to get down onto the beach. If you are not comfortable with the steps, you can view the boulders from the café balcony.
- The train portion of this program is approximately one hour.
- Train tickets, cheese board, and NZ coffee/tea are included in the price of this tour. Other food and refreshments can be purchased on the train at your own expense.
- This program includes a stop for lunch at a local restaurant while in Moeraki. The cost of lunch is not included in this program.
- Entrance to the Orokonui Eco Sanctuary is not included in the tour cost.
- Please note that there is no alcohol available on this train.
Days offered: 7 days a week