Amber Cove Rainforest Trek And SwimExplore > Dominican Republic > Puerto Plata > Amber Cove Rainforest Trek And Swim
Swim at the base of a Dominican waterfall? Yes please.
When you have an opportunity to go to a "Natural Pool" while traveling in the Caribbean this isn't something you pass up. We can coerce you with typical words like "rejuvenating" and "tantalizing" but at the end of the day it's the mental images of the waterfalls and your pristine surroundings that will be running through your head.
Following a meet and greet with your guide you will board an air-conditioned vehicle and take off on a fully narrated drive to your hike start point. An orientation on the upcoming adventure will set the tone as you begin your trek through the Dominican forest. Along the way you will cross over streams, encounter tropical birds and learn about native plants before your final arrival at an inviting waterfall. Take advantage of this perfect opportunity to jump in for a swim and enjoy the priceless wonders of Mother Nature!
Complimentary rum punch will be served after your return hike, before re-boarding your vehicle for the drive back to the cruise ship.
- The walk to the meeting location takes approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Participants must wear water shoes, sport sandals or sneakers you don't mind getting wet. A towel, bathing suit under lightweight clothing, sunscreen and insect repellent is also recommended. No sandals or flip flops are permitted. If guests bring incorrect footwear they will be required to rent shoes for 2 USD per person.
- The program isn't recommended for travelers with limited mobility. This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women.
- All participants must be in good physical condition and free from respiratory, heart, back, knee and neck problems. Safety is our top concern, if any participants arrive unfit for the tour, or do not meet minimum age requirements, they will not be able to participate, and refunds will not be given. If you have questions or concerns, contact ShoreTrips prior to traveling.
- Participants must be at least 8 years old to participate and able to navigate uneven terrain.
Days offered: 7 days a week