The best food of Basseterre!
There will be plenty of opportunities to stop and take pictures of the natural scenery that surrounds Basseterre.
Founded in 1627, the town of Basseterre on the island of St. Kitts represents one of the oldest settlements in the Eastern Caribbean. When people start coming together to eat for that long of a time, odds are there will be some local favorites that get passed along to each generation. Family-owned locations are the best place to track these culinary treasures down and there isn't a better person to lead the way than a foodie who has tried a little bit of everything.
Your tour will take you to a variety of establishments that serve some of the best Kittitan fare on the island. Dining spots range from a local art gallery with homemade treats to a property with a stunning garden that provides the perfect ambiance for diving into a Johnnycake. The fresh flavors start with people like the hardworking fishermen you will pass as they clean their catch to sell to both restaurants and residents. Treat your taste buds and eat like a local on this stomach-pleasing half-day tour.
- We suggest that you wear comfortable walking shoes, a hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses.
- Food vendor and restaurant hours vary from day to day. All tours will include 4-6 tasting locations.
- Alcoholic beverages are not provided on this tour, but are available for purchase at some of the tasting locations.
- Please alert us to any food allergies or dietary restrictions during the check out process.
- Total distance walked is approximately 2.5 miles over the course of 4 hours. The furthest walk without a break is approximately 12-15 minutes.
- This tour is not recommended for guests with limited mobility.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday