Eagle Preserve Bike & FloatExplore > United States > Skagway > Eagle Preserve Bike & Float
This memorable tour combines bicycling and rafting in the great Alaskan outdoors.
An Alaskan adventure like no other, this exhilarating bicycling and rafting tour will highlight the best Alaska has to offer.
You meet your bicycle guide in Haines and get outfitted with the bike of your choice, either road or hybrid. The 19 mile ride is on a mostly flat, paved road. This National Scenic Byway takes you through the heart of the Alaska Bald Eagle Preserve, a gathering point for one of the largest concentrations of Bald Eagles in the world.
Following your ride, exchange your bicycle for a raft and let your river guide navigate you through the Bald Eagle Preserve on the scenic Chilkat River. This is a relaxing float trip with no whitewater. This portion of the tour includes lunch and offers many great photo opportunities.
At the conclusion of the raft trip, you'll be transferred back to Haines. You can spend additional time enjoying the town or board the Fast Ferry for the return to meet your cruise ship in Skagway.”
- Duration includes fast ferry transfer to/from Skagway-Haines (45 min. each way).
- This tour includes the use of all necessary equipment.
- You will receive bottled water and a lunch.
- Wear sport shoes and dress for inclement weather.
- There is a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 12 for this tour. The tour operator will match you with other tour participants to meet the 2 person minimum.
- You must be at least 12 years old and 4’6” tall to take this tour.
- This tour includes approximately 19 miles of biking and 1.5 hours of rafting. All biking is on paved roads.
- Guests must be confident on a bicycle with hand brakes on flat terrain.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday