Wonders Of San Francisco, Muir Woods And MarinExplore > United States > California > Wonders Of San Francisco, Muir Woods And Marin
This experience really entertains AND informs you of a special topography.
When I think of San Francisco I think of Golden Gate Park, Alcatraz, Lombard Street - and great food. But there is so much more and this day makes it easy to see what many never see.
San Francisco fulfills lots of fantasies. Like other special cities in the US, it contains attractions and cultural highlights that are unique to this city. Its foggy coastline, along with its natural history and the amazing natural elements--beaches, forests and trails--is so much more than most visitors realize and often never see. You are lucky to enjoy the companionship of an entertaining naturalist on this journey of the area.
The beginning is the crossing of the Golden Gate Bridge, in itself a major part of the city. Marin Headlands await you on the other side and once you arrive there, you will enjoy a great walk along the dramatic seaside cliffs of the coastal trail and Hawk Hill. This beautiful setting delivers nature immediately by way of the birds and wildlife that make this home. Moving on to Muir Woods, your fantasy of this forest will come true as you walk among the towering redwoods as easy packed trails meander between them. Your guide will be able to identify anything along the way that strikes you, though much of the indigenous growth will be part of the conversation. Your exploration of the forest is followed by the Muir Beach, which will be the location for your picnic lunch. You are gazing now at the Gulf of Farallones with its distinctive blue water, most likely something you did not expect on this adventure.
The quiet of the morning will somewhat continue as you head back into the city, but to see the incredible park system that spreads over the hills and valleys of the San Francisco typography. The parks you visit will depend on the season and the weather, but most likely you will see the forests of the Lands End Sutro District or the gorgeous Presidio, where the grasslands blow gently with the winds off the water.
This intimate look at nature in and around San Francisco will help you appreciate one of our most iconic US cities.
- Food and beverages mentioned in the tour description are included. Gratuities are not included in the price of this tour.
- Please dress comfortably. There is some easy walking during this excursion.
- Level of physical ability is beginner. The paths are easy and packed trails.
- If you are staying at a hotel you will be picked up from your hotel by your guide. If you are arriving by cruise ship, then you can either walk half a mile to the meeting point, or take a taxi, which will cost $5-$10 USD.
- This tour is offered as a small, shared tour 2 days a week. We are able to do this privately any day of the week. Call ShoreTrips for pricing.
- You must be 10 years old to participate and accompanied by an adult.
- This tour has a maximum of 10 people. If you are traveling with a larger group, please contact ShoreTrips for options.
Days offered: Tuesday, Friday