See Rome like you never have before!
Rome street art is some of the most vibrant in the entire world - if you know where to look. Lucky for you, we have crafted a special itinerary that will leave you inspired and energized by this thriving art community.
Rome has long been regarded as a city known for its art - from ancient ruins to the work of Michelangelo and his contemporaries, it is no wonder a myriad of tourists visit the Eternal City each year. In recent years, Rome has risen as a city recognized around the world for it's flourishing and vibrant street art. Perhaps you have been to Rome before, or perhaps you are an art aficionado, whatever it may be, we know just the paths and alleys that will reveal Rome as it is today, alive and full of color.
We'll begin with a stop at the Museo di Urban Art di Roma. Founded in 2010, this outdoor museum was the first in the city to not only celebrate but also to integrate street art into the community. Notice the works of 25 or so featured artists, displayed on a wall and integrated to highlight the history of each as well as the social realities that inspire their work.
Continuing on to the Garbatella district, we'll introduce you to one of Rome's most alluring neighborhoods. Throughout politically tumultuous years, this neighborhood 'fought back' and is now known for the free spirit of its inhabitants, unique cuisine, and of course it's display of street art.
Now it's time to delight our taste buds and we are headed to the Testaccio Market, an off the beaten path stop that is well worth your time. Enjoy at least five different food tastings as well as two drink stops. These will depend on your palette and preferences as well as the offerings of the day, though the food here is about as authentic as it gets, many of the vendors having served food for generations.
Last but not least we are headed to the MAXXI Museum where we will spend approximately1.5 hours immersing ourselves in an internationally recognized collection of contemporary art. This is a day you will brag about to your friends and family back home!
- The price of this tour includes all food tasting as well as entrance fees.
- This private tour is customizable, if you have special requests please contact ShoreTrips prior to making this purchase.
- Food tour is typically inclusive of handmade pastas, paninis, as well as classic Italian sides such as Sicilian arancini or Jewish Artichoke with wine, Italian beer or soft drink and gelato to close the meal. Please alert ShoreTrips in advance of any dietary restrictions or food allergies. We will do our best to accommodate.
- If there are more than 6 people in your group, you will have to purchase more than one vehicle.
- You must be at least 18 years old to consume alcohol.
- Please alert ShoreTrips in advance of any dietary restrictions or food allergies. We will do our best to accommodate.
- The Testaccio Market is closed on Sundays. If you book this tour for a Sunday a food tour in Trastevere will be substituted.
Days offered: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday