Espiritu Santo Coffee PlantationExplore > Costa Rica > Puntarenas > Espiritu Santo Coffee Plantation
Discover the secrets of Costa Rica's coffee tradition at this historic coffee plantation!
For coffee lovers, naturalists, culture vultures, and vacationers alike, this tour of one of Costa Rica's premiere coffee plantations--or haciendas--is a fascinating way to experience a truly unique vacation destination.
The Espíritu Santo hacienda is surrounded by a 640-acre plantation of prime coffee-growing land, where the secrets of great coffee are carefully guarded.
On this trip you will learn about coffee-growing, harvesting, and roasting as you tour the property and see all the stages of the process--from seedling to fragrant steaming cup.
And, of course, you will taste some of the world's best quality coffee, grown right here at the beautiful hacienda Espiritu Santo.
Finally, you will stop for lunch in Sarchi before heading back to the ship.
- Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see the purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. It is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- While your transfer will be private, we cannot guarantee that the tour will be private.
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes and light clothing.
- Bring a raincoat or umbrella, a jacket or sweater, and a hat.
- The rainy or “green season,” which typically brings sunny mornings and afternoon showers, lasts from May to November, but it's best to be prepared for rain at any time of the year.
- Transportation for 2-7 passengers will be in a minivan with a guide/driver.
- Transportation for 8-20 passengers will be in a minibus with a guide and a driver.
- Transfer from port to plantation takes approximately 1.5 hours each way.
- It is very important that you check in on time for this tour. Late arrival for check-in may result in missing the tour, which would not entitle you to a refund.
- A minimum of 2 passengers is required to operate this tour.
- If you are traveling with a wheelchair you must provide that information during check out. We will do our best to accommodate and may require additional information once your booking is received.
- Cost of lunch is not included in the tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week