Rainforest Walk With Aerial TramExplore > Costa Rica > Puntarenas > Rainforest Walk With Aerial Tram
See what the rainforest is all about!
Costa Rica is a nature lover's paradise. Take advantage of your time here and join us as we head inland to the Turubari Tropical Park. Located approximately one hour from the cruise pier, Turubari is an eco-adventure oriented themed park that highlights all of the best things that make Costa Rica a favorite for many.
Spanning 650 beautiful acres, Turubari provides the perfect playground for those looking to learn about Costa Rica's natural history while having their own adventure. Upon arrival to the park we'll take a 15 minute aerial tram ride, descending from one mountain to deep inside the rain forest where the park's main attractions are located. Accompanied by a naturalist guide you'll become an expert on all aspects of tropical ecology as well as conservation and rehabilitation projects developed at this property.
Enjoy a nature walk through the rainforest where you will see several different exhibits highlighting the flora and fauna unique to Costa Rica. On site is a fully operational traditional Costa Rican sugar mill with traditional Ox. You'll also see a traditional countryside farm where you will be able to see turkeys, chickens, ducks, pigs and white tale deer. The goal of this property is to preserve traditional Costa Rican practices, and to share those practices with the many visitors who come here.
On our return we'll visit Puntarenas City for a brief city tour before being dropped off at the pier.
- The price of lunch is not included in this program, though you will have the option to purchase traditional Costa Rican food/beverages at the visitor center.
- This tour includes an easy walk through the rainforest. Please dress accordingly. The walk is approximately 1 mile.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 people to be confirmed.
- Contact ShoreTrips if you are interested in arranging this tour privately.
- Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. Also check the daily itinerary which is delivered the evening before arriving into port. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while while you are sailing.
Days offered: 7 days a week