Jungle River Cruise With Rainforest WalkExplore > Costa Rica > Puntarenas > Jungle River Cruise With Rainforest Walk
Meet big crocodiles - we're talking 20 feet long!
Meet big crocodiles--we're talking 20 feet long!
Our day begins with a scenic countryside drive to our destination - the Carara Adventure Park and Reserve.
Experience the raw power of the rainforest through our Rainforest walking tour. Of 1 mile in length, this all-ages tour lets you observe a wide array of exotic flora and wildlife firsthand. Make yourself one with the jungle! Located on the border between the tropical and dry Pacific ecosystem, Carara's location gives us the benefit of gathering hundreds of species of birds as well as exotic animals including poison dart frogs, monkeys, raccoons, lizards, deer, scarlet macaws and many more.
After your rainforest adventure, the journey continues to the Tarcoles River. Famous for its large American Crocodiles, the Tarcoles River forms the Northern border of Carara Biological Reserve on the Central Pacific coast of Costa Rica. The Tarcoles River is home to one of the world’s largest crocodile populations in the wild and they are very easy to admire during the one-hour boat tour. Besides crocodiles, many aquatic bird species, monkeys & scarlet macaws are easy to see.
This half-day, educational tour is designed for you to experience, photograph and learn about the native wildlife.
- This tour does not include lunch, but a stop can be made at a local restaurant close to the park.
- Admissions are included in the tour.
- Drinks, food, souvenirs, and/or any other extras are not included.
- Please bring/wear: Comfortable walking shoes, light clothing, insect repellent, hat, sunblock, binoculars, and camera.
- Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see the purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you don't miss your excursion. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 people to sign up before it can be confirmed.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Contact ShoreTrips if you are interested in arranging this tour privately.
Days offered: 7 days a week