The 'creme de la creme' for Coffee lovers!
This Tour Includes:
- Round trip air conditioned transportation from the cruise pier (90 minutes each way)
- Visit to local coffee plantation
- See each step of coffee production
- Sample Costa Rican coffee
- Short and sweet sightseeing tour of Limon
Coffee lovers will have one thing on their mind when first setting foot in Costa Rica and from there it's just one caffeine buzz after another. We know the "best of the best" place to get a first hand experience of this much loved crop, and that is why we are headed 90 minutes inland to one of the areas most highly regarded coffee farms.
The drive is scenic and we will travel in comfort in an air conditioned vehicle. Passing through quaint village after quaint village you will notice the changing scenery. Costa Rica is home to one of the most transformative landscapes that is simply gorgeous. Our destination is a traditional coffee farm that is located on an 800 acre plantation. You'll meet a true coffee expert who will take you through the step by step process of making the perfect cup of coffee.
There are six stations in all and you will learn all about the plantation as well as harvesting, processing and exportation. You will also learn about the history of this beloved crop, both past and present, and why Costa Rica is one of the best places in the world to grow coffee. After all of the hype we're sure you want to try a cup and decide for yourself. Lucky for you we end in the gift shop where you will be able to drink all of the coffee you want.
On our return you will drive through Limon, a city known as a melting pot and home to many cultures.
- You will have time to explore a souvenir store at the coffee plantation. Bring your wallet if you'd like to make any purchases.
- Total tour duration is 6 hours. Of the 6 hours, 3 hours will be spent driving.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants.
- If you are traveling with a wheelchair, please notify ShoreTrips at the time of booking. We cannot handle any limited mobility without advance information
- Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. Also check the daily itinerary which is delivered the evening before arriving into port. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while while you are sailing.
Days offered: 7 days a week