Picton Overview And Karaka Point Guided WalkExplore > New Zealand > Picton > Picton Overview And Karaka Point Guided Walk
Hello Picton. Nice to meet you.
What Picton lacks in size, it certainly makes up for it with natural beauty. It's hard to imagine that under 5,000 people live here considering the incredible access to nature and one of the world best wine regions just 30 minutes away. Maybe the locals prefer it this way. They have said the only way you can take this tour is if you promise not to move there.
Your guide will lead this brief but perfect Picton introduction tour with a scenic panoramic drive covering the highlights of the area. Although great views can be accessed by road, it's best to hit a trail to really capture a feel for the area. At Karaka Point you will learn the history of the Maori fortifications and occupation before taking a guided walk to a vantage point providing stunning views of Queen Charlotte Sound.
- Please bring a water bottle, wear comfortable walking shoes and dress in layers depending on the weather.
- If you are arriving via cruise ship, you will have to take a free shuttle from the pier into Picton. This is standard for all tours in Picton and will be very easy to locate. From the drop off point, the meeting location is approximately 5 minutes walking distance. More information will be provided upon confirmation. If you are staying at a hotel, you will be met at your hotel.
- This tour takes a maximum of 20 passengers.
- The trail used on this excursion is well formed and wide. In most parts people can walk two persons side by side.
- Travelers will enjoy this tour if they have a moderate degree of fitness and it is suitable to any client of any age.
Days offered: 7 days a week