Shoretrips Give...Bahamas Humane SocietyExplore > Bahamas > Nassau > Shoretrips Give...Bahamas Humane Society
Help yourself by helping an animal friend in need.
Find a purpose to your vacation with a half day visit to the Bahamas Humane Society. Just a few hours of your time will give an immense helping hand to those who have dedicated themselves to coming to the aid of the helpless animals in Nassau - and there is nothing more rewarding than having a sweet puppy or kittten cuddle in your arms. In the midst of island life, animals are often left behind as people move around and your time and efforts here will pay off.
Volunteers have become an important part of this operation which provides medical care and loving homes for pets. You will be rewarding an animal and after, you can have a feel good time on the beach.
- Wear clothes that can get dirty.
-ShoreTrips GIVE was developed to connect travelers with ongoing volunteer projects in the Caribbean. To accomplish this, ShoreTrips has partnered with Hope Floats, a non-profit foundation, which has agreed to organize these activities and to provide a meet and greet representative. The fee to participate in a GIVE activity covers all administration costs; the fee is not tax deductible.
- If you are arriving by ship, you may want to take a taxi for a 10-minute ride, which we estimate at $6-$8 per person. Exact directions will be on your voucher.
- No restrictions on number of participants.
- If you have more than 6 volunteers in your party, contact ShoreTrips for pricing.
- If you are between 10 and 17 years old you must be accompanied by an adult.
- This facility is closed from December 22-January 2 for the holidays.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday