Travel to Granada and on through the Andalusian countryside to the Alhambra Palace
Those who are fortunate enough to visit Granada often consider it the highlight of their time in Spain. Between Alhambra Palace and an eclectic group of locals, you will soon learn why there isn't another city like this in the world.
Enjoy the beautiful countryside during your 2-hour ride to Granada. Located at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountain range, Granada was the stronghold of the last great Moorish Kingdom in Spain. Although the entire historic city is filled with cultural treasures, its main attraction is the Alhambra Palace, a Moorish citadel that overlooks the city. At the time it was built, this mighty fortress and luxury residence was one of the most lavish palaces that Spain had ever known.
Dating back to the 14th century, this palace of sultans stands as one of the best examples of Islamic art in all the world. Led by an official guide, you will wander through the courtyards and elegant halls, and past many fountains and ponds set amongst dazzling gardens. You will also walk through the beautiful Gardens of Generalife, the hunting lodge, and country retreat where the rulers and their wives went to escape the turmoil of the palace.
The ride is long but your guide will be informative en route. There are several spots where you can grab a nice bite to eat.
ADVICE: It is very difficult to obtain the timed ticket you need for a convenient entrance to Alhambra. Please book this as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
- You will have a licensed guide throughout the tour who is able to guide in Alhambra.
- Your admission is included.
- Food, beverages, gratuity is not included.
- Please dress comfortably for the weather. You will be at a higher altitude and it may be breezy.
All participants MUST bring their valid passport on this tour. Please do not leave your cruise ship/hotel without it.
- It is very difficult to obtain the timed ticket you need for a convenient entrance to Alhambra. Please book this as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Our best advice is to book this 3 months in advance when they release the tickets. After that time, we ask that you are patient while we work on your request.
- We will pre-purchase your tickets when you make your booking. The tickets are 20 euros per person. The tickets are non-refundable even if you cancel the tour itself within our cancellation policy or if your cruise ship changes it's itinerary. In addition, this tour will charge 30% cancellation fee if you cancel 8 weeks or less of your tour date. We suggest you take out travel insurance to cover this rare instance.
Days offered: 7 days a week