Get out into the wild!
Join us as we head into the Alaskan wilderness for a truly adventurous day. After a meet and greet at the pier, we are off to the great outdoors and to a scenic trailhead surrounding Mendenhall Glacier.
It's one foot after the next as we traverse this scenic trail. From the lush green rain forest to the aqua blue glacier and surrounding mountains, the views are panoramic and sure to delight. As you hike, you'll learn not only about the flora and fauna unique to Alaska, but also of the area's first Tlingit settlers and what they did to live off the land and show their respect to nature a hundred years ago.
Along the way, your guide will help you capture the scenery with a few photo tips and tricks. Your guide is here to motivate you and to ignite your inner adventurous spirit, providing a safe environment to lose yourself in the mountains.
- This program includes one bottle of water and a healthy trail snack.
- This tour is of moderate physical rigor. There are moderate hills for approximately 1,000 feet with a total incline of approximately 300 meters.
- The hike is approximately 4-5 miles in duration.
- This tour takes a maximum of 10 guests.
- Please note that you do not hike on Mendenhall Glacier, but on trails surrounding the area.
- The departure time will be confirmed when your tour is confirmed. The departure time will coordinate with your cruise ship's schedule.
- You must be at least 10 years old to participate in this program.
Days offered: 7 days a week