Hear and feel the history of this great town!
Learn about the history of Juneau and feel the power of storytelling that has been passed down for generations. From the original Tlingit settlement to the gold rush and the fight to become and remain capital of the last frontier, the people of Juneau embody a spirit for discovery, starting anew, and striking it big.
The history here is rich, and there are a lot of stories to be told. Luckily for you, your guide is a local who is familiar with the history that built this town. Prepare to be captivated. These stories that are both informative and entertaining!
We'll begin downtown, where there is more than meets the eye. Hidden in these streets is a history to be discovered and stories to be told. Despite being the smallest state capital in the country, and the only state capital not accessible by road, Juneau has a lot to offer and your guide knows just where to find it.
When times got tough on the frontier, family and community became stronger, and these values have been passed down to the people who call Juneau home today.
Alaska is a unique place. We'll end our walking tour at a local hotel and bar, where, just a few years ago, a bear walked right in. When the bartender asked the bear to leave, the bear politely left. Grab a seat at the bar and enjoy a complimentary Alaskan beer flight while you let the locals tell this story that they love. Return to your ship feeling the spirit of the last frontier.
- This walking tour takes place in Juneau. Please note that if the tour becomes too strenuous, there is no vehicle support.
- This tour ends in Downtown Juneau.
- Each participant will be provided with one water bottle.
- Please dress for the weather. This tour operates rain or shine.
- Each person will be provided an audio headset so that your guide is loud and clear.
- This tour operates May-September.
- There is a maximum of 10 guests per departure.
- You must be at least 21 years old to consume alcohol on this tour.
- This tour is able to accommodate those in electric wheelchairs. There are several hills so guests need to be able to power them. There is no van accompaniment.
- You will walk approximately 1.25 miles throughout this tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week