Learn all there is to know about Ha Long Bay and Halong city life.
This Tour Includes:
- Private transportation from Hanoi hotel
- Licensed English speaking guide
- Panoramic 3-hour drive through the countryside
- Driving and walking tour of Ha Long City
- In depth look at the Hon Gai neighborhood
- Visits to Hon Gai Church and Quoc Nghiem temple
- Boat ride to the floating village
- See Ha Long Market
- Time for a walk through the rice paddy fields (dependent on the harvest seasons)
- Time for lunch on your own
Halong Bay is primarily a transit point, though there is an artificial beach for some reason. The city of Ha Long is about 1.5 hours away from the port and 3 hours from Hanoi. Divided into two parts, Bai Chay is the tourist part with plenty of hotels and restaurants and Hon Gai is the local part with business and markets. The two sections are connected by the enormous Bai Chay bridge. This tour will inform you of the what has, and what has not, changed in this city over the years as you explore the Hon Gai neighborhood where the locals reside.
A visit to Hon Gai Church is one stop and as it is the biggest western style church and the only Roman church in Quang Ninh province. it was built in 1933 and was partially destroyed in the war. A visit to the Quoc Nghiem temple will follow. Famous for its sacredness and now a popular stop for visitors, the temple sits at the foot of the famous Bai Tho Mount. As it is dedicated to one of Tran Hung Dao's sons who was a brave general in the resistance against the Yuan-Mongol invaders, the area boat owners contributed to this temple as a dedication to him. It is pure Vietnamese style.
You are in a city where water is the major player so now it is time to board a local rowing boat to visit the floating village. No, you won't be rowing because there is too much to see around you. At the village you can have your guide translate your questions to the local fishermen about their daily life and get tastes of traditional grilled seafood snacks. You will also visit Halong Market, which understandably has the largest selection of seafood in the area.
During your day you will stop in a local restaurant for some lunch (not included). And if you are visiting during the harvest time, you might enjoy a walk through the rice paddy fields.
Your return to the location you began will follow.
- Admissions are included in this tour.
- Food, beverages, gratuities are not included in the tour.
- Please dress in layers with comfortable shoes.
- You will be tempted by the numerous galleries and shops. You may stop but it may impact the other stops on your tour.
- For larger groups please contact ShoreTrips as we suggest including lunch during the tour.
- There are additional charges for services on Lunar New Year
- During the Tet Holiday there is a 30% increase applied to the tour price.
- We will need the following information at the time of booking: Each passenger's full name as it appears in their passport; Citizenship; Date of birth; Passport number; Passport issue date; Passport expiration date;
Days offered: 7 days a week