Private: Haines Photography TourExplore > United States > Haines > Private: Haines Photography Tour
Photograph stunning scenery with your professional photography guide!
Enjoy this private tour focusing on photographing the stunning scenery of the Chilkat Valley. Cradled at the base of the Chilkat Peninsula, flanked by the Lynn Fjord and Chilkat River, Haines is filled with natural wonders. Your expert photographer guide will assist you in capturing the best of the Chilkat Valley's unique attractions.
Your guide will select his favorite locations and provide you with ample time to set up the best shots. Depending on the lighting and weather, different locations in the Chilkat Valley boast specific photographic highlights. Your professional photographer guide will have previously scouted out the best areas for the day's photo shoot. May, June, and July feature wildflowers and eagles. Beginning in August, pink salmon, the smallest and most abundant of the Pacific salmon varieties, begin their run up the Chilkoot River to spawn. This is the best opportunity to see brown bear as they are often witnessed feeding along the banks of the river. When bears are present, every effort will be made to give you safe bear viewing and photography.
The theme is flexibility, fun and learning rather than adherence to a rigid schedule. Even a simple point and shoot camera will work, but by all means, bring all your favorite photo gear. The tour includes a boxed lunch so that you can eat when you want to and focus on getting the shots that you desire.
- Departure time will be assigned subsequent to purchase. Departure times are variable and will coincide with your cruise ship's schedule.
- Bring your camera and all of your photo gadgets with you.
- If you have a special interest or focus in mind, please let us know at the time of booking.
- A boxed lunch is included in the price and includes a turkey sandwich on organic whole wheat bread, fresh fruit, a freshly baked cookie, juice and bottled water. Vegetarian and gluten free options are available with advance notice.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 to operate.
- This tour can accommodate up to 14.
Days offered: 7 days a week