Exploring Cozumel: Mayan Ruins, Beach And Island TourExplore > Mexico > Cozumel > Exploring Cozumel: Mayan Ruins, Beach And Island Tour
Get some culture, have some fun, and take lots of amazing photos!
This tour has it all! Visit an ancient Mayan ruin, then sit back and relax as we see the sights on the island, plunge into the Caribbean Sea, enjoy a refreshing beverage, and take lots of photos against a backdrop of sparkling turquoise waters.
What a great way to spend a day in Cozumel! Your adventure begins with a visit to the Mayan archeological site of San Gervasio, a unique pilgrimage destination for Mayans from Belize, Honduras, Guatemala, and Mexico. San Gervasio is dedicated to the Mayan goddess Ixchel ("She of the Rainbows"), deity of midwifery, fertility, medicine, and weaving.
The guided tour of the ruins will take about one hour, after which you'll have a better understanding of its place in Mayan history. Your guide will share facts and tales about ancient Mayans, the ritualistic and everyday function of the various buildings, and the relationship of each architectural motif within the Mayan universe. The ruins at San Gervasio are a welcome retreat for those visiting the busy island of Cozumel. You'll be glad that you took the time to enjoy the peaceful setting of this fertile jungle shrine.
After exploring the ruins, you will visit the Eastern coast of the island to discover the beauty of the coastal flora; the almost-deserted white, fine, sandy beaches; and the turquoise Caribbean Sea.
Among stops for photo opportunities, we’ll enjoy one hour at a restaurant-bar on the beach, where you can try some delicious Mexican dishes (additional cost) and go for a swim. Finally, we’ll continue touring around the island until it's time to return you to your cruise ship.
- If you dock at the Punta Langosta pier you will have to take an 8-10 minute taxi ride to the meeting location that costs approximately $10 each way.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Bring a hat, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, and cash for any food or beverages you wish to purchase.
- You will also need a swimsuit and towel if you want to swim.
- There is a fee of $4 USD (NOT included in the tour price) for the use of video cameras at the ruins. Tripods are not allowed. This fee is paid directly at the entrance of the site.
- This excursion is not suitable for guests in wheelchairs or guests with walking difficulties.
- During rainy season (May to September), San Gervasio may be unsuitable for wheelchairs or guests with mobility issues.
- We require a minimum of 2 people to operate this tour.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday