Escorted Small Group Tour Of The Ruins Of TulumExplore > Mexico > Cozumel > Escorted Small Group Tour Of The Ruins Of Tulum
This special tour is presented by our fabulous guides!
We keep the group size small so that you can have a personal experience with your guide.
Instead of spending hours in a crowded bus with 100 of your shipmates, why not enjoy a small, fully-escorted tour of Tulum?
Tulum, meaning "fence or wall," is one of the most visited Mayan sites in the Yucatan. The impressive ruins, with the backdrop of the turquoise waters, is just breathtaking and a great photo op.
You will be met at the Cozumel ferry pier by your guide. The ferry ride across the strait to Playa del Carmen is a comfortable 35 minutes. An air-conditioned van will then transfer you for the 45-minute ride to this famous ruin.
Once you arrive at Tulum, you will have about a 10-minute walk to the entrance of the site. For approximately 1 hour, you will be tantalized with tales(and facts) of ancient and modern Mayan life. We'll discuss the culture as it was during the time of Tulum, while also examining the inscriptions and murals on the temples, including describing the decoration, rich iconography, and its meaning to the Mayan people.
You may also have time for a little shopping or relaxing on the nearby beach before returning to Cozumel.
From the moment you depart your ship or hotel, you will become an explorer in a new land. The passion of your guide and the stimulation of the sites, scenery, and experiences will undoubtedly make this the most memorable day of your vacation.
- NOTE FERRIES DEPART COZUMEL ON THE HOUR. DON'T BE LATE.
- The total duration of this tour includes a round trip ferry ride, as well as travel time to/from Tulum. Tour time will be approximately 6-6.5 hours pending the ferry schedule as well as your cruise ship's.
- The taxi to the meeting location takes approximately 5-10 minutes and costs about 10 USD each way.
- Please wear walking shoes and bring your camera, sunscreen, and a hat for protection.
- There is a fee of $4 for the use of video cameras at this site. Tripods are not allowed.
- This program is not suitable for guests in wheelchairs or guests with walking difficulties.
- This tour may not work for ships that have limited time in port. Typically your ship needs to arrive at 9am or earlier and depart at 5pm or later.
- The local time in Cozumel may be one hour earlier than your ship's time.
- There is a minimum of 2 persons needed for this tour.
- We recommend a minimum age of 8 years old.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday