The best island ATV with time to swim at Jade Caverns!
As soon as you meet your representative, you'll know you're going to have fun. The guides for this company exude energy and you can expect lots of laughter ahead.
You'll be transported to the start of the trail at the native village of El Cedral and, after instructions and a test run, you'll begin your adventure. The challenging trails are bumpy and winding, which is a good part of the fun. The lush green forest offers a perfect frame for the dirt (and often muddy) path you'll explore in a safari-style caravan.
During this portion of the tour, we'll stop by a natural sinkhole called a cenote in the jungle. You will also see a natural cave. Both have ties to the Mayan Civilization that resided here long ago. This backroad portion of the tour shows you the wildness of this part of the island.
Don't forget your swim suit - this is the perfect location to take a dip and cool off.
At the end of your tour, you'll be returned to the cruise ship pier.
- Closed-toe shoes are mandatory while driving your ATV. The engines can get hot, so we recommend wearing long pants. You may get dirty on this trip, so please do not wear nice clothing.
- We recommend bringing insect repellent.
- Please wear your swimsuit under your clothes (or pack) and bring a towel as you will have time to swim at Jade Caverns.We recommend wearing a long-sleeve UV-filtering shirt to protect yourself from the sun. Biodegradeable sunblock is the only type allowed.
- Helmets, a bandana, and goggles will be provided. You can opt to wear your sunglasses or prescription glasses instead of goggles.
- We do not suggest bringing your cell phone with you on the ATV portion as the rocky path may cause it to fly out of your pocket. A camera with a strap is allowed, although you will have the option to buy photos/videos after the tour is over.
- Lockers are available to rent for the belongings you do not want to take on the ATV tour.
- The tour starts and ends at the same location.
- Be aware that this tour travels off-road. Be prepared for a bumpy ride.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST SIGN A WAIVER.
- The minimum age to drive is 16.
- All drivers must present a valid license at the time of the tour.
- Participants under age 18 must be accompanied and supervised at all times by a parent/guardian.
- The minimum rider age for this tour is 10. All riders must also be at least 4 feet tall to participate. Both the minimum age and height are required for a rider.
- The maximum age is 70.
- The maximum weight for the driver is 350 lbs.
- All participants must be in good health and self-sufficient.
- This tour is not available to those with limited mobility or using wheelchairs.
- Pregnant women and those with heart disease, diabetes, blood pressure conditions, epilepsy, asthma, respiratory conditions, back/neck injuries/problems are not allowed to participate.
- Those taking antidepressants, lithium, beta-blockers or basal (vein) constrictors are not allowed to participate.
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to drive.
- No reckless driving. The guide reserves the right to stop the tour at any time with no refunds for portions of the tour not taken due to reckless/unsafe driving.
- Any damage caused by misuse of equipment could result in compensatory damages.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday