Dzibanche And Kohunlich Mayan Ruins Combo TourExplore > Mexico > Riviera Maya > Dzibanche And Kohunlich Mayan Ruins Combo Tour
The most impressive and authentic Mayan ruins are begging for a visit!
We'll leave the bustling tourist ports behind us as we head for the jungle to uncover secrets from the past!
A visit to the Dzibanche and Kohunlich Mayan ruins proves the ultimate adventure when in Costa Maya. Both ruins are impressive in their own right, but we've designed the best combo tour that allows you to see both in the same day.
Your guide will provide insight into Mayan culture both past and present. We begin with the Dzibanche Mayan Ruins. Nestled in the jungle, the Dzibanche Ruins is the only site in the region where you will be allowed to climb to the top of the temples. You will be in awe. Feel like the king of the jungle as you take in the panoramic views and hear nothing but the sounds of howler monkeys, parrots, woodpeckers, and owls.
Secrets here can be found below the surface. Excavations have uncovered tombs filled with lavish offerings of jade and other novelties, leaving archaeologists to believe the Dzibanche Ruins are where members of the most powerful Mayan dynasty have been laid to rest.
Next, we will visit the Kohunlich Ruins, where you will see spectacular testaments to the Mayan Gods amongst a secluded area of the jungle. Named after the "Cohune" palms that surround this area, the Kohunlich Ruins are the most actively studied ruins in the area. The majority of mounds remain unexcavated so there is a lot left to learn and discover!
The ruins here are begging to be explored. From the multi-room palaces to the temple of the masks, this is sure to delight and excite. Perhaps the most famous of all masks are those created as a tribute to Kinich Ahau, the Mayan Sun God.
Each of the ruins provides a unique and authentic window to the past, and is sure to leave you awe-inspired.
- All admissions are included in the price of this program.
- Time permitting, you will see the remains of the sunken palace and the Temple of the Masks.
- A box lunch will be provided for you. Lunch includes a turkey sandwich, fruit, juice or soda, and a bag of chips or a granola bar.
- This is a full-day tour. We require that all cruise ship passengers must be in port for at least 10 hours.
- This tour is physically demanding. Please be aware that portions of this tour include difficult walking.
Days offered: 7 days a week