Private Rome For Kids With Colosseum And VaticanExplore > Italy > Rome > Private Rome For Kids With Colosseum And Vatican
This tour highlights all of Rome's top attractions, and makes them fun for the whole family!
This tour is designed for families and delivered by special guides that are oriented to entertainment of children. You will also find that your entry to these sites is facilitated by skipping the lines - the only way to go!
It is no doubt that Rome is one of the world's greatest attractions. With a rich and ancient history it is no wonder so many families come to marvel at this wondrous city. We know travelling with kids can impact your itinerary which is why we have found great guides who make the highlights of Rome a family fun adventure and learning experience even for the youngest of travelers. Together we will travel back in time to reenact and hear stories of the great Roman Empire, the most powerful in the world and Rome the largest city. Learn about patricians and plebeians, the difference in lifestyle, as well as great emperors, slaves and gladiators.
We begin with a visit to the Colosseum, the first amphitheater built in Rome, and one of the city's most magnificent tourist attractions today. Cemented in memory by popular culture, Gladiators are remembered as brave fighters. In actuality, many had no choice and were slaves who fought for their lives for the entertainment for others, viewed as disposable beings. Learn about their diets as well as what weapons they used and how these things resulted in bloody fighting and a spectacle the whole city came to witness.
We'll continue on to Palatine Hill where you will hear the most famous story told throughout Rome while peaking through the magic keyhole. Legend has it that this is where brothers Romulus and Remus were found by a wolf who raised them into adulthood. As they were sons of a God they decided it was their destiny to build a city and rule as the king. They fought to be the city's ruler and only one brother survived.
We will take a break for lunch and see the Trevi Fountain, which, after much restoration, will once again take your coins. Our day continues with a visit to the Vatican Museums where we will have 'skip the line' entrance. Vatican City is important to the history of Rome, and we have designed a special itinerary that will excite even the youngest of travelers.
Next we will visit the Sistine Chapel where we will enter and admire the great work of Michelangelo. Before ending our day we will see St. Peter's Basilica from the outside - an architectural phenomenon and what many believe to be the greatest church in the world.
- Transfers from the pier are approximately 90 minutes each way.
- All admissions are included in the cost of this program. Once the tour is confirmed admissions are non-refundable.
- A strict dress code is enforced in St. Peter's Basilica, so please do not wear shorts, sleeveless tops, skirts above the knee, or revealing clothing.
- As you are traveling with children, we always suggest carrying a few snacks in case of any traffic issues or unexpected delays.
- This tour includes all skip-the-line admissions though you will still have to wait in line for security.
- Please note that on the first Sunday of each month many tourist sites in Italy have free admission. This can often result in long lines. If you are staying at a hotel, it may be beneficial to avoid booking a tour involving inside visits to major attractions on these days. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
- The Vatican museums are closed on Sundays. Additionally, in 2019, The Vatican will be closed on December 8, 25, & 26. In 2020, The Vatican will be closed on January 1, 6, February 11, March 19, April 13, May 1, June 29, August 15, December 8, 25, 26.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday