Blue Mountains, Featherdale And River CruiseExplore > Australia > Sydney > Blue Mountains, Featherdale And River Cruise
Introduce yourself to the famous Three Sisters!
There are over 4 million people who live in Sydney. Whenever you have that many people living in one place, you are bound to create some unique sightseeing locations and interesting urban haunts. With all of the "cool" and "hip" things going on, it's a wonder that anybody would want to leave! Despite this, there is one thing that has remained constant for visitors to Sydney: a pull to the Blue Mountains.
This World Heritage site draws in travelers for good reason and we'll bring you to the best spots in the surrounding area while avoiding the crowds. Wentworth Falls is a three tier waterfall that, when flowing strong, stands as one of the most impressive locations throughout the entire national park. A short walk to a viewing platform will provide uninterrupted views of its source and the final landing place at the bottom of the mountains, approximately 615 feet below. Near Wentworth Falls is the mountain town of Katoomba. Here, you will grab lunch (cost not included) and explore life in an Australian mountain town. If you can imagine it, some people even make a commute to Sydney for their job, grasping at that perfect balance between nature and city life.
The "Three Sisters" often serve as the face of Blue Mountain National Park, and their unique geographic characteristics provide an amazing opportunity for photos. After the guide tells you the story about their legend, it will add even greater meaning every time you re-visit those pictures. Throughout your tour, you'll be able to take advantage of your guide's knowledge of the area by heading to places big buses can't go, sometimes leaving just your small group as the only travelers in sight and the Blue Mountains everywhere you turn!
The story of the "Three Sisters" has its roots in Aboriginal culture, whose members were the first to occupy this land. During this tour, we'll discuss Aboriginal legends and the Blue Mountains heritage.
Koalas! Kangaroos! Emus! We get it, everyone wants to check out these animals when in Australian and we don't blame you. Rather than shoving you into the bush, we'll take you to the Featherdale Wildlife Park for a chance to get up close and personal with native wildlife.
It would be a shame to drive back the way you came, so we'll get you on a river cruise back to the harbor, passing under the Sydney Harbour Bridge, and into one of the most beautiful ports in the world!
- We recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring an additional layer of clothing.
- Please note that a lunch stop will be made during the day but the cost of food/beverage is not included.
- Please note you will return to Sydney by the way of a scenic harbor cruise. Once back at the main Sydney Harbor (Circular Quay) you will have to return to your hotel independently.
- This tour requires a minimum of 3 passengers.
- This tour takes a maximum of 20 passengers.
- This tour can't accommodate luggage or include drop offs or pick ups at the airport.
- This tour is not recommended for travelers with limited mobility.
- Please note that because of the length and logistics of the tour, this program is only available for guests getting picked up and dropped off at a hotel.
- Please note Featherdale is closed on Christmas Day.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday