Beloved by all, Sevilla captures the emotion and culture of Spain like no other city.
This Tour Includes:
- English-speaking guide in Seville
- Four hour walking tour
- Bull Ring of Seville
- Plaza de Espana and Maria Luisa Park
- Royal Chapel and Orange Tree courtyard
- Giralda Tower
- Jewish Quarter and Santa Cruz
- Real Alcazar Palace and Cathedral and tomb of Christopher Columbus, UNESCO World Heritage Site
- General Archive of the Indies, UNESCO World Heritage Site
Seville certainly is one of the most beloved places by visitors to Spain. Although today Moorish influence is architectonically most evident, Andalusia was occupied by Moors for about 800 years and it was a cultural center long before. The fertility of this land and its favored climate with mild winters and about 3,000 hours of sun per year draws people all year long to enjoy the historic streets.
Part of the old city is a maze and periodically opens up to beautiful small squares of benches and trees within the walls of the city. There is so much to see as you walk and talk. One of the most important museums is the General Archive of the Indies, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Set in the old Convent of la Merced, built in the 18th century by Juan de Oviedo, it is arranged around three patios. The display of art and collectibles is lovely, but most impressive is the building itself and its setting, which is exactly the image of Seville.
The Royal Chapel and Orange Tree Courtyard are another highlight of the city. Walk the winding streets of the Jewish Quarter and see the Cathedral and the tomb of Christopher Columbus. Your walking tour will last about 3 hours, and this is the best way to really experience the city. During your walk, you will also see the Real Alcazar Palace, another UNESCO World Heritage Site and explore Santa Cruz area in total. Also included in your tour is a visit to a former tobacco factory, once a mainstay of the economics of the city.
At the end of your tour, ask your guide for some recommendations for lunch. Seville has wonderful cuisine and many outdoor cafes that will make you wish you were staying forever.
- Please dress comfortably as this is a walking tour.
- The walk is easy, mostly flat and paved.
- Food, beverages, admissions and gratuities are not included in this tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week