Marlborough Wine Country ImmersionExplore > New Zealand > Picton > Marlborough Wine Country Immersion
Is this the best wine in all of Australia and New Zealand? The world?
75% of New Zealand's wine production comes from the Marlborough wine region. 85% of this is the varietal Sauvignon Blanc. The export sales total over 1 billion New Zealand dollars every year. That's a lot of wine!
If you enjoy wine in any fashion, then a visit to Picton should, without a doubt, be your taste bud's most anticipated stop along your itinerary. New Zealand is internationally heralded for its wine and the Marlborough Wine Country is essentially the reason why. Sommeliers will tell you that there isn't another wine in the world that tastes like wine from Marlborough and that starts with the ideal combination of their climate and soil. It's amazing how much this small region produces, while still being recognized as one of the premium wine regions anywhere on earth. Maybe even the entire galaxy.
With a pickup in Picton, you will be taken on the 30-minute drive into the heart of Marlborough Wine Country. Your local guide will take you to some of the best wineries the area has to offer. From large vineyards with a variety of wines to small boutique vineyards that have mastered their specialties, you will walk away with a full understanding of exactly why this is one of the most heralded wine communities within the industry. A stop to enjoy a relaxing lunch and a visit to a chocolate factory along the way complete one of the best spent days while traveling through beautiful Picton.
- Lunch is not included in the price of this tour.
- You will visit 5-6 wineries during the day based on the pace of your group. The wineries you visit will vary based on availability and expected crowds. Your guide will do his best to take you places away from the larger buses.
- If there is a specific winery you are interested in visiting, please contact us in regards to a private itinerary.
- This tour takes a maximum of 10 passengers.
- Please note that this tour is not accessible to those in wheelchairs and/or limited mobility.
Days offered: 7 days a week