Whitewater Rafting And Elephant TrekkingExplore > Thailand > Phuket > Whitewater Rafting And Elephant Trekking
Unexpected fun! Knock 2 things off your bucket list!
It's a bucket list combo!
People come to Thailand for many reasons, but when they decide specifically to come to the island of Phuket, they are most likely lovers of nature. This island is definitely a magnet for all beachcombers, hikers, and water enthusiasts. The lagoons and the gorgeous sunsets create a dream-like atmosphere that feels almost surreal. Watersports are the most popular activities here, though once you’ve had enough sun there’s still plenty to explore at the island’s other attractions.
On this day, your journey will take you away from the touristy crowds and into the mainland's rain forest reserve in Phang-nga province. Your ride to the rain forest is a breathtaking one and takes about two hours. Crossing Sarasin Bridge to Phangnga, you'll drive through incredible scenery, small towns and villages, cultivated lands with rubber plantations, pineapple plantations, and other farm settings. You will see a quintessential Thailand, countryside and modern day mixed together, passing each other on the roads without blinking. It is part of the beauty of Asia and of this ride.
Upon your arrival, you will receive a safety briefing before beginning your rafting trip. Each raft holds a maximum of 8 people, two of whom are guides. Secure with your helmet and your lifejacket, you can help row and direct, or just hang on and enjoy your ride. The scenery is beautiful and it's especially fun doing an activity that you might have expected in Colorado, but not in Thailand! It is fun and energizing, and yet you feel a comfort level because of your professional guides and their familiarity with the river. Your rafting time is about an hour, followed by a Thai lunch served at a jungle restaurant.
You most likely were fascinated by the elephants within your view at lunch and if you were wondering how you were going to return to your vehicle, it will be on an elephant! A clever way of finding your way up to your seat on this beautiful mammal is easy, and each animal has a guide just in front of you. Honestly, there is nothing like this feeling of having a lumbering, clever fellow under you who seems to manage some rough territory with ease. All is well from your seat, high enough to get a great view of the surroundings.
Your ride back will start with the conversation about what you just enjoyed and probably end with a short nap. Before you know it, you are back where you started.
- Please dress comfortably.
- You may want a change of clothes in case you get wet.
- We recommend that you bring sunscreen. Personal items like backpacks can be stored in your locked vehicle during participation.
- Please note there is surcharge pricing for all National and New Year holidays. Contact ShoreTrips with any questions.
- This excursion isn't recommended if you are pregnant or have a history of health issues. Although the elephant seating process is done via a ramp and has been designed for easy on and off ShoreTrips is not responsible for travelers deciding not to participate on the day of the tour.
- You will need to provide your passport information at the time of the booking.
- Please alert ShoreTrips in advance of any dietary restrictions or food allergies. We will do our best to accommodate.
Days offered: 7 days a week