Kona For Chocolate LoversExplore > United States > Big Island of Hawaii > Kona For Chocolate Lovers
This tour is a true delight for your taste buds!
The beautiful landscape of Hawaii provides the perfect climate for coffee and cacao production. What better way to experience Hawaii, than to taste the fruits of its labor?
Our morning begins with a trip to Kokoleka Lani farm, where you'll get to meet the proud owner of this sustainable farm. The best part is that this farm is run by a local who lives and works here. You'll learn the process of turning cacao to cocoa, with a taste test each step of the way. Begin with a stroll down a grove of cacao trees. Take in the beauty of this raw process, beginning with the opening of raw pods. Notice hints of a sweet, lemonade-like flavor as you taste cacao straight from the pod.
With a focus on eco-farming, no product goes to waste. Next, you'll get a rare look in to a Polynesian pod-style home and soap factory. Take in the aroma. Our farmer uses the cacao winnowings to craft a rich soap that exudes an essence of citrus, vanilla, and coffee.
We've saved the best for last with a chocolate extravaganza. Notice the transformation as you taste just-roasted cacao and a small batch chocolate bar. This chocolate feast includes a local favorite--Hawaiian drinking chocolate, along with a lava-like chocolate fondue. Dip a variety of fruits, mocha bread, coconut macaroons, shortbread cookies, and Kona chips. Embrace this true culinary delight with 100% Estate Grown Kona Coffee.
- Tour price includes taxi and transfers for cruise ship passengers ONLY. If you are staying at a hotel, you must find your own transportation to a centrally provided location. More information will be provided following check out.
- This tour is small and in great demand. Don't be disappointed, make your booking right away.
- This tour requires a minimum of 6 passengers. We will do our best to match you.
- The maximum for this tour is 20 passengers.
- This tour is not available on Christmas Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week