Guided Mendenhall Lake Paddle And Glacier Trek AdventureExplore > United States > Juneau > Guided Mendenhall Lake Paddle And Glacier Trek Adventure
The best tour for people who love the great outdoors.
When in Alaska, the best thing to do is to get out and explore. After a thorough outfitting and safety briefing, your Alaskan journey begins with a scenic canoe paddle on Mendenhall Lake. The natural beauty of the area will make this a highlight of your vacation. You'll paddle under the direction of your expert guide, who calls Alaska home and knows the area better than any other.
As you approach Mendenhall Glacier, you will be awed by the majestic stature of its glistening blue ice and reflection in the water. The Coastal Mountain Range provides a nice backdrop and you'll see the peaks reflected in the water too. We'll pass a beautiful waterfall, the cherry on top of this scenic sundae. Bring your camera. You're going to want to capture this.
Don't forget to scan the shoreline for wildlife. Perhaps you will see mountain goats, black bear, porcupine, river otter, beaver, or maybe even a bald eagle soaring above.
Once we reach the landing point, our adventure continues with a glacier trek. The hike is approximately 2 miles long and a true visual delight. The landscape is ever changing and no two trips are alike. Your guides will share their insight and knowledge on the history of the Mendenhall Glacier and the impact climate change has on it today.
On the return canoe paddle, enjoy a nourishing snack and let all of your senses be ignited. Take in the views and let this visually-stimulating experience really sink in.
- Duration of glacier trek is dependent on the pace of the group, as well as weather conditions. Depending on the conditions of the day you may not be able to reach the ice caves.
- This is an active trip. You must be able to paddle 5-6 miles round trip and hike 2 miles on uneven terrain.
- You will be provided rubber boots, but you may bring your own sturdy hiking boots, if preferred.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants and can accommodate up to 14 participants.
- Maximum weight per person is 250 lbs.
- There will be a maximum of 7 participants to 1 guide in 8-passenger canoes.
- Tour is not suitable for pregnant women.
- You must be at least 12 years old to participate.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately and bring rain gear.
- All participants will be required to sign a waiver prior to participation in this program.
Days offered: 7 days a week