A 'Taste' Of Hoonah With City TourExplore > United States > Icy Strait/Hoonah > A 'Taste' Of Hoonah With City Tour
See all the best, in sights, food and drink that Hoonah has to offer.
In 1944, a devastating fire left most of Hoonah in ruins. You would never know it, though, as local residents rallied to rebuild and create a community stronger than ever.
Hoonah is a small town that has a lot to offer. Or at least everything you may want when visiting Alaska. With origins as a logging town, and now a lively fishing village, the locals here have a deep relationship with the land that feeds them. Oh, and the views aren't bad either.
With a local as your guide, you will be introduced to all of the places that make Hoonah so special, beginning with a scenic ride to the largest Tlingit settlement in Alaska.
After a short sightseeing tour, we are off to Icy Strait Brewing Company. This local brewery transforms crystal clear waters from mountain streams into several varieties of frothy, hoppy goodness. A flight of 3 of their finest products (light, medium and dark) are included for your tasting pleasure along with popcorn sprinkled with an unusual but delicious locally made seasoning blend.
Next stop is a new local restaurant, located right on the beach. If you wish, take a table on the outdoor deck and hopefully catch a glimpse of a Humpback whale as you enjoy the a delightful seafood dinner. The restaurant is owned by commercial fishermen, ensuring the very freshest crab and salmon for your plate. You will have your choice of a barbeque salmon meal or a 1/2 Dungeness crab meal, depending on what is in season. Both meals include side dishes and a refreshing glass of lemonade.
- Please notify us in advance of any dietary restrictions or limitations. We will do our best to accommodate but do need advance notice.
- Please check in 15 minutes prior to your departure time.
- You must be at least 21 years old to consume alcohol and must show valid proof of age.
- Those under 21 are welcome on the tour and will receive soda and root beer.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 to operate.
- This tour can accommodate up to 20 passengers.
- This tour is available to those with walkers.
- This tour is not available for those with wheelchairs or electric scooters.
- The last day this tour operates is September 10, 2019.
Days offered: 7 days a week