Arctic Circle By Land And AirExplore > United States > Fairbanks > Arctic Circle By Land And Air
Journey by land across the wonders of the Arctic Circle.
Experience the remarkable Trans-Alaska Pipeline, an innovation that runs nearly 800 miles north to south from the Arctic Ocean to the Gulf of Alaska. You will travel down the Dalton Highway, that was made famous by the construction of the Pipeline.
In the rural community of Joy, Alaska, you will visit the historic Arctic Circle Trading Post. As your journey continues, you will enjoy stunning views of the mighty Yukon River. Marvel at the majestic beauty of the northland's most famous waterway and learn of the river's storied past.
Finally, you will cross the Arctic Circle in a very ceremonious fashion, and even receive an official Arctic Circle Adventure Certificate. You will get the opportunity to explore the amazing arctic tundra up close, and feel the veins of ice just beneath the surface.
- You will take your own transportation to the meeting point at your own expense. We found this to be the most convenient and economical form of transportation to the meeting location. You have an option to purchase a return transfer for $7.50 per person. This is paid directly to the tour operator on the day of your tour. This is done as a courtesy; there are dozens of taxis which are readily available and many hotels offer a shuttle.
- Food is not included in this tour. A sack lunch is available to purchase for approximately $12. You are more than welcome to pack snacks/food.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 participants.
- The 5:30 AM departure operates from May 21 - September 17th and does the land portion first.
- The 1:00 PM departure operates from May 21 - August 20th and does the flight portion first.
Days offered: 7 days a week