Learn and get involved in the local farming environment.
Driving to the center of the island, you will arrive in the village of Tunjuk, which is home to a distinguished community-based program where villagers educated visitors about their traditional lifestyles. When you first arrive, you will visit an elementary school to observe local teaching methods while interacting with the kids for firsthand experience of life growing up in Tunjuk. After your time at the school, you will join a local farmer to partake in farming activities such as rice planting, harvesting, or plowing land. You will learn how to handle the farming tools and discover how animals are involved in the daily practices.
After putting in a little bit of labor, you will take a hike around the paddy fields that surround the village before arriving at a coconut plantation. While cooling off a bit with a drink from a fresh coconut, you'll look up at the locals who have mastered the art of climbing coconut trees. This may look tempting, but let's leave it to the professionals. As you return to the village, you will be welcomed by a scrumptiously prepared lunch and learn about the nuances of a Balinese kitchen.
On the way back to the pier, you will stop at the Taman Ayun temple to explore its facilities and wonderful tropical gardens. Created by the Mengwi Kingdom in 1634, this temple stood as the main place of worship for the Mengwi people and has a distinct design with four different sections. One with a higher rank than the other.
- Entrance fees and lunch are included in the price. Beverages are not included.
- Please wear comfortable shoes.
- The elementary school is closed on weekends and public holidays.
- Please note there is surcharge pricing for all National and New Year holidays as well as peak season. You will be notified of any increased costs prior to confirmation. Contact ShoreTrips with any questions.
- GRATUITIES / TIPS: Please consider your guide and/or driver (if applicable) if you are pleased with your day. A gratuity is a wonderful way to show your appreciation.
- ShoreTrips is not responsible for items left behind.
Days offered: 7 days a week