Wines and Boats. Wines and Boats.
The beauty of Greece is best captured with your eyes and taste buds, so help us help you treat a couple of your most important traveling senses. With a pick-up in Argostoli, we'll take you past the famous Drapanos bridge towards the slopes of Mount Ainos for your first stop at the Rombola wineries. Here you will have the chance to sample the unique variety of grapes that the island is known for at a facility that does everything from harvesting to the final distribution. A one-of-a-kind wine experience.
From the winery, we'll drive by the classical village of Fragata on our way to the top of Mount Ainos for a quick drive by and photo stop before taking the coastal road to Karavaomylos. Here you will access the cave lake of Melissani. A short walk down a tunnel will lead you to this underground lake which will provide the most unexpected spectacle on your entire trip. Truly a sight you need to see to believe, the Melissani Cave is shaped like a B with looming walls entirely surrounding you. When sunlight hits from the right angle, it illuminates the cave in a hue of blue providing an experience unreplicated anywhere else in Greece. A boat ride through its waters with your personal rower will provide the perfect vantage point.
Following your exploration of Melissani, you will have some free time in the summer resort of Sami where the blockbuster movie "Captain Carelli's Mandolin" was filmed. Grab some refreshments or soak in the coastal air before heading back to Argostoli.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- The entrance fee to Melissani Lake and wine tasting are included in the price of this tour.
- Groups of 2 people will be transported in a pre-booked Mercedes taxi. Please note that while the vehicles are used primarily for private tours and transfer services, it is the law for the meter to be on and for the vehicle to have a taxi sign on top. You will not be expected to pay the meter.
- Please note that the Sunday Supplement also applies to the following Public Holidays in 2020: January 1; March 2nd; March 25th, April 17th-19th; May 1st; June 8th; August 15th; October 28th and December 25th and 26th.
- Supplement is per group and not per person.
Days offered: 7 days a week